Monday, September 14, 2009

School has begun

So, my blog's still looking very summery (with all the bathingsuit pictures and such) so I figured I should update. I've already been in school for a week now, and it's not too bad so far. This year, I'm taking: Law and Economics, Creative Writing (funniest class EVER! I love it so much xD), AP Calculus (I think I'm going to fail... we're still doing stuff from precalc that I KNOW and I'm confused because of how my teacher teaches... I wish we had more than one calc teacher.), PE (duh. I have a small gym class this year though, I'm usually stuck with the ones with about 100+ kids in it...), Graphic Arts, Chorus (duh <333), and English at DCC (Dutchess Community College).

For the college class, it's taught at the highschool, but it's technically considered a college level class, so we get IDs to DCC and stuff like that. It's pretty cool. I think this is only the second year this program has been offered to our school. It's also pretty cool because I only had to pay about $50 for my textbook (at the school you pay around $90) and I don't have to pay for the course. I have a feeling even if I have to do a lot of college writing for that class, it will be worth it because Mariana and Sam are in it with me (my two best friends).

I had originally also taken AP Physics, but after the first day, I dropped it. Firstly, because I didn't *need* the course; I had already taken regular physics. Secondly, the Regents is the final exam, and I don't want to take that thing twice. Taking the AP is good enough for me. Thirdly, although I liked my last year's physics class (the subject and the people in it), it's in the past and taking the class again won't make it as fun as it was before. Also, AP is a LOT of work, and in all reality, I'm just too lazy. Fourthly (is that a real word?), in order to take physics, I had to take Chorus only every other day instead of everyday like it's supposed to be. At first I didn't think it was a problem, but after the first day I was having music class withdrawls. :P I love my class and I love to sing, even if I do complain about it all the time because of the teacher or because of the songs. I just couldn't live happily without singing, therefore that class MUST be in my schedule everyday. Lastly, practically the only reason why I took that class was because Sam was, and although we were in the same class, it didn't really seem worth it (we have many other classes together throughout the day, thank God! Took the school long enough to put us in classes together :P).

My favorite classes so far are Creative Writing, Law, Chorus and Graphic Arts. Chorus is a given, Creative Writing is the funniest class I've ever been (because of the people in it and because of the teacher herself. It's WONDERFUL) in plus I have it with Sam, Law is fun because of the debating going on, and Graphic Arts is fun because I love the teacher and Ozzy's in it. (Ozzy's a good friend of mine.)

Now I'm going to go eat some ice cream. If I think of anything, I'll post it another day.

Oh! Today I played with bubbles during my free. Why, you ask? Because I can. It was fun. :P

4 comments:

  1. I like your hamster, I'm trying to make him fat by feeding him as much as I can but he's always running on that wheel so he might beat me there.

    Thats really cool that you get to take a college writing class at your school and only have to pay the book fee and not tuition. It might be hard because you'll probably have to stray away form the usual 5 paragraph themed essays but its good that you'll already be ahead when you go to college next year!

    And hey Im' in calc this year too! We can help each other out since we'll probably be learning the same thing, except mine will go twice as fast as yours because my math class is only a semester and not a year :/. But that means I'll be able to help you out if you need it. I'm sorry to hear you dropped AP physics, you should've stuck with it even though you dont "need it". I didnt "need" chemistry but I did becaause it turned out to be afun class and the work wasn't so bad once you adapted and got used to having homeowrk in senior year. Plus at the end of the year with the AP test I got that nice 3 college credits for taking the course so now I don't have to take any science in class and all my friends that do have several science classes a week and usualy one 2 hour lab every week too so its a lot more work in college then it is in HS.

    But if taking choir makes you happy and you get to be with your friends and have fun then do whatever makes you happy :). Don't let senior year go by too fast, mine went by really fast but I made what I could out of it by not getting too busy with work or school because some of your friends when they go away to school you'll never see again. Whenever I think like this I can't help but think of the song You're Gonna Miss this by Trace Adkins, you should check it out its a great song :).

    -Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concert Choir <333
    So fun.

    and not meaning to blog-creep, but i just listened to You're Gonna Miss This, and Kyle, you were right. It IS a great song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, no blog creeping taken lol. Its a quite good song, I got into country this summer and there is a lot of great songs like that and some great sad ones. :)

    ReplyDelete