Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Musings While Tired in 9am English

Today, the air is icy; at least it's not raining.

It almost hurts to walk outside without the protection of a coat. Even with that protection, my cheeks and ears sting and turn bright red as I walk to my classes. I try not to go outside for any other reason, which is a damn shame because the nature here is deceivingly beautiful. It will look like a warm autumn day through a window, but upon stepping outside you find out that nature has lied to you.

I met my two close companions in weather like this.

At free periods in highschool, all of my friends and others would eat lunch and hang out outside in the parking lot. We said it was because there was no room in the cafeteria for us, which was occasionally true, but I think it was more than that. I think it was a mixture of things, really.

You see, we liked to be different.

We liked being our own people, doing our own things and not caring what others thought. Some of us would do anything to be different from the norm. This could be why we ate outside, because we wanted to be different from everyone else, or maybe because everyone else shunned our difference.

Anyway, my two friends would stand outside, sometimes even when they were obviously cold.

At first, I would timidly step outside and stand in the background, then quickly return to the cafeteria to escape the cold. But then I found the two extremely funny and nice, and that I enjoyed being around them. I would brave the cold for longer periods of time just to be a part of their conversations. Eventually, they admitted it was too cold for them too, and they came inside with me.

Well, not really with me. But it's all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment