Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Musings at 9am in English

It's raining.

But then again, it's always raining here. You'd think that they would make the brick and stone walkways more even so that the puddles are more avoidable. You can't walk outside without having your feet soaked.

I need a pair of boots.

I've been to the store many times to buy them, but I've never found a pair I liked. So far, I've tried Walmart and Target. Target had a better selection, but Walmart was cheaper. Maybe I'll just wait until winter to get boots. It's not like the rain is that bad, especially if I hide in my room. Although, I have to go outside in order to get food.

Maybe I'll go barefoot.

I think it's too cold for that. Even though it's not winter yet, if I go outside without a coat, I am cold. My teeth chatter and goosebumps make their way down my arms and legs. I can't stay outside for more than ten minutes. It's just too cold.

I am a wimp.

I'll admit it. I don't scare too easily (unless someone picks me up or a snake slithers by...) but my body is weak. I get sick often and become cold easily. I have a crate in my room filled with all sorts of over-the-counter drugs to help me make it until summer, where I may only get sick once that season.

I love summer.

My favorite month is July. It's the warmest month of the year, filled with hotdogs and watermellon and swimming and fireworks. I especially love the night sky in July. The air is cool and the atmosphere is completely clear. Sometimes, it feels like the sky could swallow you, leaving you to stare at the stars forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment